Friday, June 30, 2006

Superman Returns!

I just got back from the movie theatre. I went to go see Superman Returns. I had heard some great things about this movie and I had reasonably high hopes myself so I finally decided to go see it today. After seeing it, one word pops into my mind.

"Wow". With a side of "You have to see it".

It was three hours of amazing. I don't know how else to put it. You have to see it. I knew from the beginning it was going to be good but geez...

Few movies can grab your attention and keep it there for nearly three hours. This movie did just that. The Airplane scene you see in the commercials... let's just say the commercials do it no justice. You have to see it in theatres. The actors were perfect. Brandon Routh was an excellent choice for the character, and played his two characters (the different personalites of Clark Kent and Superman) flawlessly. I don't know if they could've picked a better guy.

But before you run out to see it, let me warn you, this is not an action flick. Don't go there expecting non-stop action, because that's not what this movie is about. But, while few in number, the action scenes are incredibly well directed, with just the right amount of tension to keep your eyes glued to the screen.

In summary, go see it. It's an excellent film, and one that should not be missed for fans of Superman and the old movies starring Christopher Reeve. Director Bryan Singer and his team have succeeded in creating an excellent (I seem to be using that word a lot) spiritual successor to the classic films. I am amazed. As I said before, I knew it was going to be good, but it blew me away. it ranks up there with Batman Begins as one of my favorite movies of all time. Go see it. I can't say that enough.

I don't know what it is about DC comics but they seem to make great movies.

No comments: