Thursday, April 27, 2006

Nintendo Wii?

Nintendo's highly anticipated next generation console has finally gotten an official name.

"Wii."

The first thought that flew into my mind was

"What the Fuck?"

The earlier codename (Revolution) sounds so much better than "Wii". From the looks of it, I'm not the only one in the gaming community that thinks this either. I don't understand Nintendo's reason for changing the name even after their explanation which you can find Here.

The name isn't going to deter me from getting one but it will be strange to walk into my local Gamestop and say "I'd like a Wii please." Or "I'll take a Wii."

Well, I guess Nintendo thinks it'll catch on but I don't. I'm already fixed on the Revolution name which, as I've stated before, is a much more catchy and "next-gen" sounding name.

I'll post more updates as I hear more about it.

No comments: