Wednesday, June 07, 2006

What happened?

I want to start off my rant with some terrible news. The Pistons were eliminated last week by the Miami Heat in game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals. Damn.

All I want to know is, what the hell happened? The Pistons had the best win/loss record of any team in the league last season, but they had a very terrible (in comparison) playoff performance. After eliminating the Bucks in round one, they seemed to fall apart. They had one blowout game against the Cavaliers, won again by a much smaller margin and then the next thing you know, we lost three in a row and faced elimination.

What the hell? We are talking about the Cleveland Cavaliers right? The Pistons should've swept them.

Anyways, we came back in game six and seven to win the series after two straight wins but we were still sliding downhill. After losing game one to the Heat, we won one and lost two in a row, won one, and were subsequently slaughtered in game six and eliminated.

Damn.

The Pistons had a 3-1 record against the Heat in the regular season, and all those games were away from the home court. What the hell happened? All I can say is that the Heat wanted it more. Perhaps the Pistons were tired. They sure looked that way. The Memorial Day game was ridiculous. The Pistons came back in the third quarter and took the lead, and slowly lost it as the game went on. I'm not sure of the exact score but I think we lost by nearly 20.

What. The. Hell.

Oh well, I guess there's always next year. Good luck to the Dallas Mavericks in the NBA Finals. I'll be damned if I'm going to be rooting for the Heat.

In other news, I'm currently writing a few more reviews. I've actually been considering starting my own gaming website for news, reviews and other gaming related info but all that is a lot for just one person so I'm looking for writers. If you're interested please contact me. My email address is below:

mailto:TheGame21x@gmail.com

I'm going to place a permalink on the side of the page soon (past midnight right now, tired as hell) Now I have to find some cheap webhosting.

Okay, it's officially past 1 AM now. I think I'm going to wrap things up. I'll be back with another post soon.

No comments: